Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paying the O-line. What we did back in '05.
(11-16-2015, 06:00 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm not sure why you're against trying to extend Zeitler after this season. Yes, he's signed for 2016, but he'll count towards $8 million of the cap. If we extend him soon, that number will most likely go down. Besides, do you want to risk him playing a great season and then not being able to afford him? I believe the Bengals tried to extend him this season, but it never got done. I would love to get a deal done with Zeitler next year, probably during camp.

Im not against signing Zeitler long term... Im just for keeping other pieces whos contracts are up first and not repeating the mistake we made in 05. when we paid the wrong 2 players.

It would be great to get him on a long term deal sure. But why pay andre when we just drafted 2 OT's in the first 2 rounds at that.. one of them needs to be able to step in and play year 2.

I would probly offer Z a similar deal to what Boiling got. But ILOKA, Jones, Jones, Sanu, and others are all up before someone still under contract imo. unless it saves us money as we can void his 5th year option with a new deal in place. (Dre K is in the same boat with Big Z)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paying the O-line. What we did back in '05. - XenoMorph - 11-16-2015, 06:34 PM