Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals OL drills getting slammed on twitter...
(08-16-2022, 12:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Jonah was a High Draft pick that was just Healthy last year.  Spain and Reiff are Vets...

Pollack did do better with the run game but his OLers drafted and trained under him havent shown much...   And hes in the convo for the draft picks

Well it doesnt show much on Pollack as 4 of the 5 guys we already know can play on a High level...  so that has little to do with him

Never saw the Hype of Pollack and still dont

I would agree with that. Also be remiss not to recall that many fans' expectation for Pollack was that he could turn water into wine. Not saying that that's fair, just that that's what was said. In fact, I remember hearing that argument in the Sewell vs Chase debate- that we didn't need Sewell/Slater that badly because we "didn't have Frank last year, Turner was a bust, Frank's a glass-eater, it's not that our guys are bad but that they haven't been properly coached," etc. Totally overlooking how he was let go by the Jets- who didn't think twice about it since they were having line problems of their own. Fast forward 12 months and we literally led the league in sacks. Fast forward another six and here we are still worried about Burrow's health. Not to mention we added three FA starters because his program was working so... well.

I would temper some of the criticism by conceding it's still preseason and we haven't seen our starting unit yet. But if a coach can "only work with what he's got," we should remember that lesson for next time. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals OL drills getting slammed on twitter... - tms - 08-16-2022, 12:29 PM