Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals OL drills getting slammed on twitter...
(08-17-2022, 01:04 AM)tms Wrote: Yeah, don't get me wrong. I like Frank Pollack. I'm glad he's here over Turner. But I think when you're at the bottom, the problems are complex and coaches are a smaller part of the solution than the players themselves. You want to get the right game out of your prospects- for which you can use the coaches- but sometimes you need to invest in proven commodities who can help you on the field. After all, players set the best example for each other, and the Bengals haven't been as willing (or able) to do that. Thuney, Villanueva, Bulaga, Brown, Armstead, etc. were never approached sincerely- forget about Trent Williams lol- neither through free agency nor trade. There was a lot of "we think we know better" (e.g. Carman at 46) or "we can get it cheaper" (e.g. Reiff, XSF, Spain) going on.

I'm glad they took a shot this year, though. They desperately need to lay a foundation; it seems they finally realize they can't build on sand anymore. Good on them.

If we had paid Thuney $80+ million last year then we would not be able to sign all the guys we needed to fix our O-line.

You can't ***** about not signing Thuney and at the same time say you like what we did this year.  We would not have been abel to do what we did this year if we had signed Thuney.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals OL drills getting slammed on twitter... - fredtoast - 08-17-2022, 02:39 PM