Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So you think Trump won't be elected again in 2024. Wanna bet?
(08-19-2022, 01:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He did still overperform, so he does have a history of that. At least in 2016, Hillary wasn't that big of a favorite. She was given a 67% chance of victory compared to Biden's 90+. You are correct, though. I remember talking to my in-laws about the election. They asked who I thought would win, and I said Biden. They are conservative, so they said "what? why?" and I told them that the polling data had Biden as a clear favorite. They pretty much said your quote verbatim. "Nah, those things aren't accurate. No way Trump loses." 

Prior to the election I talked to a lot of liberals who were of the mindset that Biden should win, but they were clearly afraid to hope or trust that because they were traumatized by 2016.  I told them I couldn't see the future, but Trump's decline with the independents and his insistence on continuing to cater to his most loyal and fringe fanatics didn't bode well for his chances.

So, I'd use logic, but I can understand why they had this "Academically, I get it...but I can't shake that dread."  Conservatives I knew were of the mindset that Biden had no chance and Trump either won in a landslide or it was rigged.  The few establishment republicans I had known over the years voted for Gary Johnson in 2016.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So you think Trump won't be elected again in 2024. Wanna bet? - Nately120 - 08-19-2022, 01:31 PM