Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vegas Thinks Our Offense Is Middle Of The Road!
(08-28-2022, 11:17 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: From Paul Dehner of The Athletic:
We are not allowed to report specific personnel packages or schemes from these practices. Video was shut down completely once the two teams started going against each other. There was good reason for that. Both sides opened up the playbook to see how their new wrinkles look in action without fear of putting it out on tape for the entire league to see.

As for what I can say, the Bengals put on display the type of unpredictability expected of their dangerous skill position players. I wrote this year to expect to see more usage of Ja’Marr Chase in the slot and many other spots on the field and let’s just say on every play I was noting where every player was lined up and I had to work to figure out where they were going.

Expect significant unpredictability from the Bengals passing game as it evolves this year, if the joint practices were any indication. Much of that will be built to take advantage of the anticipated shells and soft coverages designed to keep the lid on a team with 12 plays of 50-plus yards last year.

This is just awesome, thanks for this Soonerpeace. Gets me excited!!! Wink

(08-28-2022, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last year CJ's catch percentage in the Red Zone (55.6%) was higher than Higgins (37.5%) and Chase (53.3%) and not far behind Boyd (63.6%).

CJ's catch percentage last season was almost identical to has career number (55.9%).  And his career number is higher than Hurst's (50%).  They both have 9 career TD catches in the red zone. 

Don't know why anyone would claim CJ was not good in the red zone.

Like I said, it wasn't Uzo's fault. He was good, I just think Hurst will be better this season for us. Hurst is quicker in and out of his
breaks and will be much harder for Secondary's and especially LB's to defend. We will see, just one of my bold predictions along
with ADG being our breakout Defensive player.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vegas Thinks Our Offense Is Middle Of The Road! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-28-2022, 04:56 PM