Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Confession of a Dalton Defender
(05-26-2015, 11:39 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Just an overall statement to your post...NO, most QBs with Andy's skillset do not even make the playoffs...that is the point...Leading back to the argument of who is the magical QB that 1. Is available...2. Is better than what we have in Dalton....QBs like Luck, Brady, Manning, Rodgers and so on do not grow on trees...Dalton is what we have at this time....We cannot just go out and get a QB that is guaranteed to be better, it does not work that way....I have asked this question a million times....Please name a QB that is available and better than Dalton that could come to the Bengals and start tomorrow?   The problem is that QB does not exist....I am not supporting Dalton, I am just looking at the other side of the coin....

I will name one that could be available next year if he does not sign an extension...Philip Rivers...but I doubt that the Chargers let him walk

Which is exactly why I've always said that I think it's insane that some people want to just up and cut Andy yesterday. I'm not a supporter of booting Andy right now, but that doesn't mean I have to believe he's a good QB.

I would like to see the team go into a different direction at QB if Andy doesn't step it up next year. Just because I can't name a specific player that you deem as an upgrade doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to want Andy potentially replaced in the future. If there are no better options available next year, and if I don't think the risk would be worth taking with a guy that isn't a "sure thing", then maybe I'll be okay with Andy again in 2016. I just don't think I will be if he is still the same mediocre QB after 2015. We were doomed to hell and a 0-16 season and we drafted this guy in the second round that hasn't been terrible so far in his career. Why can't we try to do that again if he doesn't work out? If he can't get above mediocre in 5 years, I'd be okay with taking a slight risk in the draft.

People act like it's ridiculous to want to take risks unless you're guaranteed to get Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers on your team. I just want out of the first round of the playoffs, QB is a very important position, and Andy may not be the guy to take us there. For me and my opinion, 2015 is a big make or break year for Andy. I don't want him booted onto the streets as of right now, but the risk may be worth it after this season depending on how things go down. Hopefully Andy lights it up with a 100+ passer rating and we win the Super Bowl so that all of these conversations won't even matter.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Confession of a Dalton Defender - PhilHos - 05-25-2015, 09:29 PM
RE: Confession of a Dalton Defender - djs7685 - 05-26-2015, 12:05 PM