Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Confession of a Dalton Defender
(05-25-2015, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 25th rated would be "average" if there were around 48-52 starting NFL QBs.

Would 15th and 13th be considered "above average" then? Those were his rankings in the previous 2 years, but the anti-Dalton crowd didn't care much for the passer rating stat back then. It was all about the 20 INT's that Dalton threw in 2013. That was the only stat that mattered.

Dalton had a pretty bad season in 2014, I think we can all agree there. Did injuries to MLJ, Eifert and AJ have an effect on his numbers? Probably. Unless you just like looking at things with no perspective. I get that the Dalton Anti-Fan Club loathes legitimate excuses because they take some wind out of the sails of their arguments, but I'm sure throwing to guys like Little and Tate didn't help Dalton's numbers. Nevermind how the offense predictably began throwing to Gio more (getting Gio blown up a few times in the process).

Dalton is somewhere around average as an NFL QB, if he's worse than average, it's not by much. I'd love to upgrade at the most important position (aside from HC). I was arguing with people over at the other board about Philip Rivers being "too old" at age 33. I'd love to trade for Rivers. But the only way Dalton can be upgraded is if we trade for a good established starter or trade up for a top QB prospect.

If (with healthy receivers) he continues to produce like he did last year, I'd be fine with giving McCarron or Pryor a look.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Confession of a Dalton Defender - PhilHos - 05-25-2015, 09:29 PM
RE: Confession of a Dalton Defender - Shake n Blake - 05-26-2015, 01:35 PM