Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didnt Zac drain the clock at end of OT
(09-11-2022, 07:20 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I completely get making it as less pressurised a snap as possible, but I just don't see what you achieve by doing it that earlier, rather than say 4 seconds early, other than asking the Steelers to go and win the game. They would be expecting a snap at the last second, so doing it 2-3 seconds early would have achieved the same thing, without giving the Steelers a great chance at taking the game away.

I'll say what I said in the game day thread... what was the contingency here? Would we have kicked for 0 points in the Super Bowl had Clark Harris been ill the night before or something? How can you possibly go into a game in the NFL, and not have a contingency for these things? I'm not expecting the Special Teams snapping to be perfect if our dedicated guy goes out, but it looked to me like we had zero plan if our Long Snapper wasn't ready to go. And that's something which can obvious happen at the drop of the hat. That's just ridiculous to me.

Are you really surprised by this though?  I've watched around 33 Bengals seasons.  Nothing is surprising or shocking, especially finding ways to lose.  I'm not trying to be negative, it just is what it is. 

My 14 year old son was like wth with them not running the clock down.  I bet a lot of 14 yo football players were scratching their heads on that one.  Then some lame, bs excuse that makes no sense?  

We went 10-7 last year.  That was a miracle Superbowl.

Meanwhile the Bills did and and the Chiefs are, living up to expectations and looking like legit, prepared teams. 

Eff it's hard to be a Bengals fan.  Hopefully they bounce back next week.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why didnt Zac drain the clock at end of OT - Mickeypoo - 09-11-2022, 07:42 PM