Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Headline on ESPN Coaching decisions doom Bengals
(09-12-2022, 10:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: Bingo! He should've challenged the TD. He and McVay apparently made the wrong choice playing starters in the preseason. The punt deal is questionable, but Wilcox was struggling. I read where Simmons sent him out to snap when he felt comfortable. Huber should've ate that first FG attempt. Sample missed a block on the blocked kick it appears. All of that said, there's still that elephant. As in there is some blame to spread around, but there's also somewhere the lion's share needs to go. I see no threads dedicated to that. That's the only point I'm trying to make.  Tiger

I agree with these points. I guess the one that stands out is the lack of the new OL not having any snaps together in preseason. I understand Burrow not playing in preseason. He was recovering from a ruptured appendix and had lost a lot of weight and strength. It was just an unfortunate illness. He was rusty, but maybe unavoidable. But an entirely new OL, except for Jonah, and they clearly needed some game snaps together. 7 sacks and Mixon getting leveled in the backfield was a bad look.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Headline on ESPN Coaching decisions doom Bengals - Nepa - 09-12-2022, 10:50 AM