Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTPG Amazing Stats on Burrow
First of all, I apologize for not having all the exact numbers, as I listened to it while mowing the lawn (Those noise cancelling earbuds are flipping amazing).

Jay Morrison had accumulated all the TDs and INTs for Burrow since he began his NFL career and broke them down in to "quarters".

By "quarters", I mean this:

First drive/Second drive is the first quarter

Third drive/Fourth drive is the second quarter

Fifth drive/Sixth drive is the third quarter

And, lastly, Seventh drive/Eighth drive is the fourth quarter

I was absolutely FLOORED at the statistics: Since his NFL career began, Joe Burrow has ONE first "quarter" TD. ONE. It was to Chris Evans, I believe. Something ridiculous like 8 INTs. His completion rate and QB rating were also below average. Of course, Joe's numbers really took off the second "quarter" and so on.

Jay pointed out that his "peers", who were included in the same analysis, (Mahommes, Herbert, and Rogers) were almost completely backwards. They all did much better in their early drives. I know this includes Burrow's first year where he didn't have quite the weapons and he never really had much of a line, but ONE TD in the first two drives and poor competion % and QB Rating?

Jay was analyzing this as a bit of "I can figure you out" for Joe, which may be accurate. However, I looked at it as the so-called "scripted plays" from Zac and Callahan as being quite poor. Herbert, Mahommes, and Rogers have a play set that is executed and usually involves hitting guys that are schemed wide open. I just don't see that from Zac and Callahan.

The Bengals need a quick start to get up on the Cowboys and put them away early. I hope they get this poor start trend reversed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
HTPG Amazing Stats on Burrow - SHRacerX - 09-18-2022, 09:48 AM
RE: HTPG Amazing Stats on Burrow - TheFan - 09-18-2022, 02:21 PM
RE: HTPG Amazing Stats on Burrow - TheFan - 09-18-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: HTPG Amazing Stats on Burrow - TheFan - 09-18-2022, 03:38 PM
RE: HTPG Amazing Stats on Burrow - TKUHL - 09-18-2022, 11:15 AM
RE: HTPG Amazing Stats on Burrow - bfine32 - 09-18-2022, 04:44 PM
RE: HTPG Amazing Stats on Burrow - bfine32 - 09-18-2022, 04:57 PM
RE: HTPG Amazing Stats on Burrow - bfine32 - 09-18-2022, 05:03 PM