Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is there a narrative that the OLine is horrible?
(09-26-2022, 09:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: When you judge performance, do you judge based on history or current?

Yes, Williams and Collins have performed well in previous years, but there's no doubt they are underperforming so far this season.
Volson performed much better in Week 2 vs Week 1, but he wasn't going against good competition in Week 2. I want to see how he does over the course of the next month or so before I think he's solid-or-better.
Karras and Cappa are performing well, especially Karras.

Also, on the below PFF article, they talk about how every single OL in yesterday's game allowed multiple pressures. They don't think the OL is doing well, still.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-3-game-recap-cincinnati-bengals-27-new-york-jets-12

I think Volson is going to be good. I’ve always thought Williams was average. The Cowboys let Collins go because he’s a maligner but does play on game day. Very interesting watching Perine tear it up. Went to the game Sunday. Recorded it get home tonight. Will watch tomorrow
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is there a narrative that the OLine is horrible? - Soonerpeace - 09-26-2022, 10:33 AM