Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team needs/Wants/ Biggest Questions 2023 offseason
Free agency starts March 13/15th.

Draft is April 27-29th.

We'll have a lot cleaner idea of what our needs are heading into the draft.

A lot of our FA's should be near min/min types.

I'd put Allen, T. Williams, Irwin, Taylor, D. Sample, Wilcox, Johnston, Bachie, Flowers, Davis, & M. Thomas in that bucket. That's 11 guys whom it should be pretty easy (cap wise) to bring back if there is mutual interest. On the flip side, I could see them easily getting bumped by a drafted player in April. And I doubt any guys will be first day (week/month) off the board in FA, but one never knows.

I think Brandon Wilson (maybe) & Sharping (surely) are a bit higher up the food chain. KO return guys aren't worth as much anymore, but quality OL depth surely is gold.

Perine is, at worst, a high quality backup who is effective on 3rd down, short yardage, and can handle high volume (due to the build). If he wants a significant raise, he may get it somewhere. Cap # is not at $1.85 mil.

Pratt is not always a 3 down guy, but has really blossomed into a quality starter this year and has a knack for big plays. He is due a raise. Currently at $2.803 mil.

Apple gets a lot of flack, but we seem to be doing OK with him as CB1. That is not a misprint. You can never have too many corners. Current cap # is $3.75 mil.

Hurst is a good fit. He is a bit older but does not have a ton of wear on the tires either. Hopefully looking for a home after bouncing around. $3.476 mil. Unless Mayer falls to us, he should be TE1 again. Upgrading TE2 shouod be on the table.

Bell already makes $7.488 mil on the cap sheet. He's 27. Hopefully something south of $10 mil gets it done. $9 mil would only be a bump of $1.5 from where we already are. Something around where he is would be fantastic.

I guess we could tag Bates again, but with Hill in the fold already....

If we bring those 5 back, that would put us at 42 guys (with 3 Cs). If Bell's hit is $9 mil, and the rest $5 mil, we should have around $14 mil in cap space for 9 more cap included spots. We'd have the draft and the 11-13 guys above to fill them out. Doable. Or we could let a couple walk for more space (or a FA buy).

We do not have to worry about the high end of the draft class where we are picking, but I think solid CB, RB, LB, and TE prospects in Rds 1-4 should be out there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Team needs/Wants/ Biggest Questions 2023 offseason - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 12-08-2022, 03:31 PM