Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running Mixon Is The Key To Victory!
Mixon had 22 carries for 157 yards and four touchdowns, and that was with not even playing in the fourth quarter!

I've been preaching all along that running Mixon is the key to victory, and I think yesterday proved it, and I hope Zac took notice, because I know Burow did, saying we run the ball like that, not a team in the league that can beat us.

I realize that the Panthers don't have the best run defense in the league, but just giving Mixon the ball with a little space and letting him find his spots seemed to be working.

I've been saying that we need to give Mixon the ball with Burrow under center because I think Mixon runs better downhill, but I can only remember one time that we gave Mixon the ball with Burrow under center (besides maybe near the goal line), and Mixon was carving up their defense! I miscalculated that their linebackers still need to commit to the run even if we're not giving the ball running straight north/south from the snap.

Running the ball will also take pressure off Burrow since defenses won't be able to just pin their ears back and go after Burrow, which giving up a hundred sacks already shows that that's obviously a big problem.

Having Chase back eventually will also make our run game that much better because a safety has to stay back to double him.

Like I said in the other Mixon thread................

LET THE BIG DOG EAT!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Running Mixon Is The Key To Victory! - BFritz21 - 11-07-2022, 11:58 AM