Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics
(11-13-2022, 01:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Things have gotten a lot crazier between the parties and the rhetoric has gotten more extreme and violent.  I've been a voting adult since 2000 and I was around democrats when Gore and Kerry lost to Bush and I was around republicans when Obama beat McCain and Romney (yes, it worked out that way and I never realized how odd that is).  Let me sum up the feelings I experienced.

2000 Bush beats Gore
D's - Of course the dumbass south votes for that dumbass
R's - We've had enough of the Clinton administration

2004 Bush beats Kerry
D's - Typical dumbass war-loving uneducated USA loves their dumbass warhawk from Texaaaas
R's - Can't change horses midstream.  Support the troops!

2008 Obama beats McCain
D's - Thank god Palin isn't a heartbeat away from the white house
R's - Dumbass liberals voting with their hearts and not their brains duped by the media did this

2012 Obama beats Romney
D's - Four more years!
R's - Dumbass liberals voting with their hearts and not their brains duped by the media did this, again

2016 Trump beats Hillary
D's - I can't believe Trump won, we're screwed, he's nuts, how did we come to this?
R's - F**** YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

2012 Biden beats Trump
D's - Dear god that was close, I'm so releived.
R's - TRUMP WON!!!!!  RIGGED!!!!

Of course I'm editorializing a bit, but I've watched the response to losing an election go from the usual "The other side is morons and misinformed" to "This is an abomination, the other side is cheating and is evil and we need to crush them."  Stuff has been taken up to 11 and the toothpaste may go back in the tube, but americans are going to have to stop being so hooked on the anger and fear.

I straight up forgot that Romney ran for president.  I hate to google it and double check.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics - samhain - 11-13-2022, 01:17 AM