Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics
(11-13-2022, 01:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Things have gotten a lot crazier between the parties and the rhetoric has gotten more extreme and violent.  I've been a voting adult since 2000 and I was around democrats when Gore and Kerry lost to Bush and I was around republicans when Obama beat McCain and Romney (yes, it worked out that way and I never realized how odd that is).  Let me sum up the feelings I experienced.

2016 Trump beats Hillary
D's - I can't believe Trump won, we're screwed, he's nuts, how did we come to this?
R's - F**** YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

2012 Biden beats Trump
D's - Dear god that was close, I'm so releived.
R's - TRUMP WON!!!!!  RIGGED!!!!

Of course I'm editorializing a bit, but I've watched the response to losing an election go from the usual "The other side is morons and misinformed" to "This is an abomination, the other side is cheating and is evil and we need to crush them."  Stuff has been taken up to 11 and the toothpaste may go back in the tube, but americans are going to have to stop being so hooked on the anger and fear

I’ve seen a lot of people saying that Trump is doing nothing more than Hillary did in 2016 in questioning the results. Hillary and her supporters questioned the build up towards the election. What was going on behind the scenes to manipulate people into voting one way over the other or not voting at all. She and they never ever questioned the actual vote totals nor the actual election process. Trump attacked the votes themselves
(11-13-2022, 11:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think the 2022 midterms have brought some interesting democrats to prominence on the national stage.  Mark Kelly in AZ and Josh Shapiro in PA could/should have some national relevance and they are currently 58 and 49 respectively.  So there are some options just off the top of my head.  

He may have lost but that had more to do with the Ohio electorate than his candidacy, but Tim Ryan also raised his profile in a positive manner. I could easily see him as a VP candidate in the future. It will be interesting to see how he spends the next 2 years.

Gretchen Whitmer also is seeing some positive press after her victory in Michigan. It didn’t look so rosy for her in 2020.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics - pally - 11-14-2022, 04:30 AM