Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics
(11-14-2022, 12:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't understand people who put up yard signs. Why do you want everyone walking to know your political beliefs?

I had a new furnace put in back in 2020 and the installer said "And would you agree to put a yard sign up showing your appreciation today?" or something like that. I thought it was really weird because, while I've seen other companies put up yard signs like "this company did my landscaping" or "this company did my roofing," those yard signs are generally for companies that do work on the outside of your house and thus are an advertisement if someone walking by likes your landscaping or whatever. That doesn't apply to a furnace. But I just decided it wasn't worth denying him and I could just remove it once he left.

This ***** guy put a "We support our troops" sign in my yard.

I have no real problem with the troops. It's not like I wish them ill will or anything. The vast majority of them are just people trying to get an education and living for them and their families. But I have absolutely no interest in having a yard sign that proudly states I support them. That language has been heavily co-opted by the right, so I just took it down immediately because I didn't want my neighbors thinking I was a conservative haha.

I think the assumption they made is ridiculous.  You could not want that sign for a myriad of reasons.  If you live in Cincinnati, was it HELP?  They babble on about the troops on all their commercials.  I'm a big believer in the Bible story where Jesus said to do your stuff in private.  Don't be standing on the corner displaying how awesome you are.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics - michaelsean - 11-14-2022, 12:50 PM