Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houston should have a great draft
(11-17-2022, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Their offense and defense both are in shambles right now.
They need a QB (Davis Mills ain't it).
They have some decent offensive weapons though. Pierce looks like a very good RB, and they have Cooks and Collins.
Cooks can still be a solid WR1, or a very good WR2.
Collins is on pace for ~750 yards for the season, which is solid WR2, or good WR3.
A WR might make sense if they wanna kinda push Collins to 3rd option or run a lot of 11 personnel, but I don't think they have to.
Unless OJ Howard turns a corner with them, they could probably use an upgrade at TE.

Their OTs are good (Tunsil and Howard), they have a solid vet in AJ Cann and new draft pick Kenyon Green at OG. C is their main spot for an upgrade on the OL, as Quessenberry isn't getting it done. But there isn't a C worth taking in Top 15.

On the defensive side, they really need pass rush. Their only decent pass rusher is 34-year-old Jerry Hughes.
They did just draft Stingley and Pitre to help the secondary, but their defense is severely lacking in turnovers so far. No one has multiple INTs other than Pitre, who has just 2.

So if I'm HOU, I'm definitely targeting a QB in Rd 1, and probably either a pass catcher or pass rusher with the other 1st rounder.

There is no Joe Burrow in this draft class so you have to weigh the roster vs potential QB. Their line isnt half bad and young weapons on offense. But as you said they need ALOT on defense.

Trading back collecting extra picks to build while getting say Will Levis and extra day 1/2 picks over a Bryce Young.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Houston should have a great draft - kevin - 11-10-2022, 05:40 AM
RE: Houston should have a great draft - Synric - 01-03-2023, 02:24 PM