Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024
(11-18-2022, 12:54 PM)Dill Wrote: That's an excellent and crucial point.

He was saved from impeachment and much else by his control over his party.

Without that layer of protection and obfuscation, he'll certainly be more vulnerable.

On the other hand, this could be exactly the reason why folks fall in line again. His perceived adversaries (I know not really, but that's the perception) in all of these matters are the liberals. And I might believe some folks glorify him less than they did before, I do not believe that these folks' disdain for liberals has in any way diminished. And when it's Trump vs. liberals, no question who FOX et al. will side with. And if this fight gets heated again, as it undoubtedly will, they will quickly go to the former extremes.

As for the primaries, imho it depends on how many people run against him. If it's only deSantis, I can see it getting close. If it's a bunch of folks whose most significant asset is that they are not Trump, then Trump will win the primaries again. It splits his opponents while his followers won't switch allegiance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024 - hollodero - 11-18-2022, 01:11 PM