Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024
(12-15-2022, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They're only "off" Trump and getting behind DeSantis as the next savoir because Trump helping them blow the midterms was the last straw...for now.  He's acting as selfish and unreasonable as he ever was.  The fact that the GOP is "out" on Trump in 2022 now that he's shilling stupid cards of himself and not on 1/6 or when he was telling people a global pandemic was going to disappear says a lot, I think.

If DeSantis doesn't run in 2024 or gets abducted by aliens tomorrow or something, the GOP will be right back on the Trump-or-die wagon.  It's hard to yell what percentage of republicans believe or "believe" in Trump, anyways.  61% of republicans believe that Trump won in 2020, yet the party is so eager to move on?  Doesn't really add up, does it?

The majority of republicans supposedly think Trump won 2 elections in a row, but they don't want him to run again?  Or they're just more willing to admit now that parroting Trump's BS was a lot more tolerable when he was a winner.  It's like how many Packer fans are finally admitting Aaron Rodgers is a problematic bag of dicks now that he is no longer playing like an MVP. 

61% still, huh. Well, that's part of why I said reasonable people. Folks who believe the stolen election trope don't qualify for that characterization.

And yeah, overall I think Trump exhausts even his big fans at this point. I guess the number of those who genuinely think he is a genius sent from God is diminishing. Admitting that and giving liberals a win, that's something else. But I don't know if 61% really believe the election was stolen, even though they say so. I might of course be wrong though.

And I'm aware that Trump most certainly wins the nomination and many will go back to praising him for every nonsense then, that is part of the game. But it's still a tad different. This NFT crap, for example, no one is actually defending him there. Two or three years ago, folks would have said critizising Trump for that is despicably hypocritical and proof of a deranged mind because Obama wrote a book.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024 - hollodero - 12-16-2022, 11:31 AM