Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unpopular Opinion: Marge>the Castellini group.
(12-17-2022, 10:17 AM)samhain Wrote: I liked Jack McKeon.  They has a nice season under him in the year that they got knocked out by the Mets in the 1 game playoff.  They had a duct-tape and zip tie pitching staff and a fun offensive group gelling at the right time.  It was one of the most fun Reds teams I can recall watching.  The rumor was that when Griffey got here, he and Larkin ran McKeon out of town.  As much as I loved the Griffey move when it happened, it was undeniably a bad thing for the team in the long term.  They sent a bunch of solid team guys with great chemistry to Seattle or a guy that was expected to be Willie Mays in his prime.  Well, that guy got hurt, gained weight, and proved to be less that awesome for the clubhouse.  The team basically had two HOF players whose HOF days were behind them and it sold off a promising group to get one of them.

Meanwhile, tTader Jack went on to win a WS title in Miami.  Ugh.

That 1999 team won 96 games, IIRC. It's wild that 96 wins was only good for a one game tie breaker.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unpopular Opinion: Marge>the Castellini group. - Shake n Blake - 12-19-2022, 02:51 AM