Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gio And Others Are Returning Punts
(05-27-2015, 12:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In terms of reliability, he has been good. I expect people saw how much more dynamic of a return game the Bengals had last year when Adam Jones was doing KR/PR.

Tate averages just under 10 yards per PR and he fair catches a lot (double digits every year as a Bengal).
Adam Jones averaged almost 12 yards per PR last year, only fair catching once since 2006.

Regarding KR, Jones averaged over 30 yards per return last season and has a 27.84 average as a Bengal.
Tate has a respectable KR average. He has averaged 24.44 yards per KR as a Bengal.

But a hurt returner is a bad returner, and Tate has always shown a good bill of health whereas Jones has not always done so. If Jones can stay healthy like last season, he has shown what a great returner can do compared to a solid returner.

On Tate averaging 22.1 yards on kickoff returns last year and 24.4 overall in Cincy: if you need a guy to catch the ball 6 yards deep in the end zone and bring it out to the 16-18 yard line, Tate is your man.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gio And Others Are Returning Punts - lostpoet2 - 05-27-2015, 11:43 PM