Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Patriots predictions
(12-23-2022, 03:29 PM)kevin Wrote: I just hope I have power for furnace and TV come Saturday Christmas Eve to watch the game.  Friday will be the worst of this major Winter storm in Ohio, with winds to be 50 to 60 mph battering iced up power lines and tree branches.  I would love to wake up Saturday with heat and power on.  If not, who knows when power will be restored with so many outages and also the Holiday Weekend.

As for the game, if Ohio has it's worst weather Friday, the Foxboro / Boston area will have their worst weather Saturday.  Game conditions will be freezing cold in snow with too much wind.  The football will be like a frozen brick. The wind will take passes and kicks in every direction except where it is suppose to go.  Probably not good footing for the running games either.  Both Bengals and Patriots have top notch Defenses anyway.  This will be a low scoring Defensive Game in lousy weather, even by NFL standards.

So I hope most of you have furnace heat and power on Saturday to watch the game and enjoy Holidays.  I hope Bengals win, but I look for it to be a game played in awful conditions.  Not just the cold and snow, but the high winds.  So don't complain if Burrow throws a pass to Chase and the wind carries it not even close to him, or if McPherson kicks get blown wide of the goal post.  However when I saw that the Bengals had to play at New England this close to January, I expected bad weather, but this may be worse than expected.  

Often these high wind, snow, blizzard games end up with score like 6 to 3 as if playing on ice in a hockey game.  So this helps The Patriots at home on Christmas Eve.  I think the Bengals are better, but due to the weather, I would be happy with any kind of a Bengals win in this once in a generation Christmas Blizzard.  A Bengals win, but more important that your Families are safe and sound with heat and power through this storm pounding across USA.

Power has been out twice so far today here in Northeastern PA. Second incident just came back on. I just looked up weather conditions for Boston, and while warmer in Boston (21 degrees) than here (6 degrees)  and in Cincinnati (17 degrees) , it seems Saturday the wind in Boston will be very strong, 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. So, it seems the running game would be paramount and FG kicks only close in to be confident.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - CJD - 12-19-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - M.W. - 12-22-2022, 07:32 PM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - kevin - 12-23-2022, 03:29 PM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - Nepa - 12-24-2022, 01:10 AM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - kevin - 12-24-2022, 07:32 AM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - Leon - 12-23-2022, 11:39 PM
RE: Bengals @ Patriots predictions - wanga - 12-24-2022, 02:17 PM