Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official: Bengals are in the Playoffs!
(12-24-2022, 12:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm not 100% convinced it is Lamar. Hollywood was showing that kind of production in Baltimore but he didn't receive as many opportunities as he was early on in Arizona. He was receiving nearly 20% more targets in Arizona on a per game basis which was leading to higher raw production, but his overall efficiency was very similar. In the first five weeks this season, Brown was averaging 1.67 yards per route ran. Last season in Baltimore, he was averaging 1.61. Less than a 4% difference.

He was quite good and productive with Lamar, but wasn't receiving the volume he wanted, which is ultimately what came out as the reason for his wanting to leave. He wasn't happy with his role in the offense. Basically, I think it was more Greg Roman than Lamar, and that style of offense is why receivers don't want to go there. 

I'm not sure what else he could have wanted. In 2021 he was the 10th highest target receiver in the league, including TEs. If a ball wasn't going to Mark Andrews it was going to him. Andrews was just way better when he was targeted. 

Brown had around 20 more targets than Chase and like 400 less yards. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals are in the Playoffs! - Tony - 12-23-2022, 12:55 AM
RE: Bengals are in the Playoffs! - Tony - 12-23-2022, 12:58 AM
RE: Bengals are in the Playoffs! - Tony - 12-23-2022, 01:02 AM
RE: Official: Bengals are in the Playoffs! - TheFan - 12-25-2022, 12:08 AM