Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's That Time Again... Cincy Trip!
(11-23-2015, 09:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thanks, xxlt! Don't you guys have a Mexican joint too?

That's a "three way," I think its called.

There are 2 main chili companies in the GCA: Gold Star and Skyline.

Gold Star is the more traditional, Ted-Mex Chili. If you have the chili over noodles/spaghetti (not sure which it is and yes, there IS a difference), with cheese, its a three-way, as there are three layers of food (cheese on top of chili, on top of Spaghetti).

Skyline is special: its Mediterranean chili, which is more like a savoury/spiced brown soup, with meat in it: it tastes absolutely AMAZING. The same rules for three-way, etc, apply here.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the "way" description.

Believe it or not the best Mexican I ever found in the area was in Florence at a gas station right off I-75 at US 42.
http://mayasmexican.com/
If it is still there Maya's has pretty solid authentic Mexican food.
Interestingly, just down US 42 on the other side of I-75 is this place:
http://themaithai.com/
In what used to be a Long John Silvers (you can still sort of tell but the remodel inside and out is pretty well done) you will get what sushi eaters tell me is the best sushi in Cincinnati area and what I will tell you is damn delectable Thai food served by an excellent wait staff at very reasonable prices.

I've been away from the area for awhile but would eagerly return to either place - especially Mai Thai - if I was in town.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's That Time Again... Cincy Trip! - xxlt - 11-26-2015, 10:53 AM