Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tua back in concussion protocol
(12-28-2022, 07:21 PM)pally Wrote: at minimum, the NFL should require players who get a 2nd concussion in one season to be placed on IR.

Disagree. The Steelers exist. Higgins got a concussion in Week 1 and was cleared for Week 2. That means he'd have 16 games where 1 more concussion means he is required to go on IR. Say the Bengals and Steelers were playing in Game 14 and both were tied for the division lead. They would know that just one cheap shot would mean the Bengals are required to IR Higgins for the rest of the season.

They absolutely need to protect guys from playing with a concussion, but if a guy is cleared from a concussion and feels good, it's gotta be his choice.

Now do I think Tua should seriously consider sitting out of the rest of the season? Yes, I absolutely do. He's an adult, though, and if he gets medically cleared (maybe add being required to be cleared by like 3 different doctors?) then it should be his choice.

EDIT: As I thought about it some more, it would probably also make guys give extra effort to hide concussions as they know it could lead to them being automatically put on IR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Tua back in concussion protocol - pally - 12-26-2022, 08:01 PM
RE: Tua back in concussion protocol - TheLeonardLeap - 12-29-2022, 11:37 PM