Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals win chiefs lose and bills lose?
(01-07-2023, 12:56 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im not saying I agree with coin flip but what I see different and im thinking the NFL does its both have 11 wins... im not sure why they did not do % , but KC has more wins 

I can't imagine that is the reason. The NFL said that if the Bengals finish 11-5 and the Ravens 11-6, the Ravens should have the opportunity to have the coin flip because the Bengals could have lost the Bills-Bengals game and thus both finish 11-6.  Then they turn around and say if the Bengals finish 12-4 and KC finishes 13-4, and they are in the 3rd and 2nd spot respectively, the game will be at Arrowhead. But by the same reasoning as above, the Bengals and Chiefs could have finished with the same record had the Bengals played the game. In the first scenario, they posit a loss for the Bengals for the Ravens to get the coin flip. In the second scenario, they ignore the Bengals potentially winning and instead just put the game in Arrowhead.

Essex, I don't believe we will find any other explanation than bias. They have the same situation but did not follow the rule they made for the Bengals-Ravens game when they considered the Bengals-Chiefs, 2 x 3 game. They made a different rule for the same situation. 

I would love the committee to give an answer. But I don't think they ever would, because it clearly is a conscious decision to make two different rules for the same scenario, the first benefitting the Ravens and the second benefitting the Chiefs.

If the rules were consistent, I could accept them. These are not consistent and a rather clear case of bias.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals win chiefs lose and bills lose? - Nepa - 01-07-2023, 08:57 AM