Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Sunday Ticket moving to Youtube
Perhaps I missed the post on here around the holidays, but in case it never got posted, Google has purchased the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket viewing and will begin this service for the 2023 season.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-sunday-ticket-youtube-tv-details-cost-streaming-directv/x7sdba7mqu74p8xkninmmzyi

While prices have not been announced, it has been shared that there will be two ways to purchase and access NFL Sunday Ticket:
1) Through an add-on to Youtube TV
2) Through Youtube Primetime Channels as a purely standalone option

It's speculated that the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket will be cheaper if you add on to Youtube TV compared to a standalone streaming via Primetime Channels, as Youtube TV is like a cable subscription service ($65/month).

What this means:
- NFL Sunday Ticket will require streaming through the internet, so you must have a device that supports Youtube TV or Youtube Primetime Channels.
- No longer will NFL Sunday Ticket be strictly tied to a cable TV subscription.

It will be interesting to see how bars handle this, as they'll have to be able to stream this across numerous TVs at the same time. That can cause heavy bandwidth on their network potentially.

Personally, I am happy because 1) I am out of the local market for Bengals games, and 2) I already have Youtube TV.

What are your thoughts on this change from DirecTV to Youtube?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NFL Sunday Ticket moving to Youtube - ochocincos - 01-12-2023, 03:45 PM