Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens parked 2 safeties EVERY PLAY and dared us to run
I saw somewhere that said the Ravens ran ZERO defensive snaps where both safeties werent deep. I find that very hard to believe but im not about to pay 10$ just to rewatch a game with NFL+ so im going to just ASSUME the real number is at least 75% of the snaps.

If the Bills do this to us, we HAVE to run the ball. As I look at this game's matchups I see no world in which we win with Mixon getting 11 carries for 39 yards. (3.5 YPC). Playing the Ravens twice before I think helped Burrow more than it hurt. Burrow is known to do very well against teams hes seen before. I dont want to say this is why we won, but its a part. We only have 1 quarter of Bills tape and I dont see us jumping them like we did at Paycor again.

Theoretically a team should not be able to park 2 safeties deep for that many plays. Theoretically, you should get them out of that defense after a few decent gains on the ground. But if those gains never come we get what we saw Sunday. Zac and Callahan are pass game aces, but we are gonna need them to be a complete offensive coaches on Sunday. Im talkin jet sweeps, runs from shotgun, HB screens EVERYTHING. We absolutely need the run game to put in 70+ yards this Sunday. We cannot allow the Bills to comfortably sit their 2 safeties back all game. We cant ask Burrow to be the whole offense. Guys gotta step up.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ravens parked 2 safeties EVERY PLAY and dared us to run - Housh - 01-17-2023, 09:31 PM