Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Anyone going to apologize to Marvin Lewis?
I'm sure everyone is aware of the uproar around here when Marvin Lewis stated in response to a question that "Halftime Adjustments" are "Journalistic Jargon". I wondered at the time how many of the folks acting outraged ever read his entire quote, as I read it word for word and had zero problems with it.

As I recall, paraphrasing of course, he stated that the media uses that phrase under the idea that you go into the locker room and tear up the game plan, then make a new one for the second half. He followed that you make adjustments after each and every drive, and that if you wait until halftime to adapt to what the opponent is doing, you have no chance of winning.

Well it seems that Peyton Manning, on the most recent Manning Cast, called "Halftime Adjustments" the biggest myth in football (and I think that was the exact phrase). Eli agreed, and they went on to essentially say the same thing that Marvin stated in his presser all those years ago.

So I am curious. Now that 2 HOF QBs with 4 SB rings on 6 SB appearances between them have publicly said the same thing as our former HC, does anyone who criticized his statement care to ammend their opinions?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Anyone going to apologize to Marvin Lewis? - jfkbengals - 01-18-2023, 08:09 PM