Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Football no longer starter
(11-26-2015, 03:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think it's necessarily about the partying...but more about the partying INSTEAD of studying film , working out with receivers , and buckling down on the play book not even three days after being named the starter.  That's not exactly showing leadership that is expected from a NFL QB.  Especially an unproven young one.  You're not going to get many followers in the locker room acting like a douchebag.

I think Pettine caved into the "GOTTA play Johnny because we have to see what we have, the season is over" narrative against his own wishes and named him the starter for the rest of the year and the fact that he went right out did something that he himself admits has gotten in the way of his development is understandably infuriating.  

Imagine you run a car dealership and your sister harangues you endlessly to get rid of one of your dependable, if unspectacular late 30-something salesmen and give her partying d-bag son a chance.  You eventually do, and he says he's going to buckle down and then immediately responds by going on a bender, of sorts.  Meh, I can see the frustration.  The thing is, what he did isn't a huge deal but he didn't really earn the right to start the rest of the season, he was given it, and he looked the proverbial gift horse in the mouth on this one.

McCown is better than Manziel, that Steelers game where Manziel put up a nice statline was never remotely close, and McCown is going to still be there mentoring the guy they draft in 2016.  It's possible Manziel has a Brett Favre-style resurrection somewhere else, but the Browns are going to move on because that's what they do.  Draft, don't develop, toss him out there, give up, draft another and repeat.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Johnny Football no longer starter - pally - 11-24-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: Johnny Football no longer starter - Nately120 - 11-27-2015, 02:03 PM