Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Home Field (Dis)Advantage ???
Let me preface this by saying that if anyone wants to call me crazy for saying what I am about to say, I won't take offense. Listening to Zac, Joe, and some of our players over the last couple or three weeks have convinced me that they wouldn't want to be anywhere but where they are headed this weekend. This team has a MAJOR chip on its shoulder. They are pissed at the NFL and feel disrespected by everyone involved in the sham playoff rule changes after the No Contest game.

Think about a time in your life when someone or some entity majorly disrespected you. There is nothing more infuriating AND motivating. You could see early on in Buffalo that the Bengals not only wanted to be there to pound Buffalo's ass but they were relishing the opportunity to stick it up the ass of everyone in that stadium an everyone at Park Avenue. The team played focused and ANGRY. Mixon was running like he wanted to hurt defenders. Carman was blocking @ssholes almost in the stands. Joe B. and Zac took shots at the NFL after the game.

I say all this because I think there is no other place the Bengals want to be on Sunday than Kansas City. If you listen to Zac closely, that's exactly the message you'll hear. They want nothing more than to shove it up Goodell's rectum by beating and dominating the Bills and Chiefs in their own backyards. What better way to stick it to the league and Goodell by hoisting the Lamar Hunt trophy in the friendly confines of Arrowhead... or as the Bengals have been calling it --- "Burrowhead."

I think it is quite possible that the Bengals actually preferred playing these games in Buffalo and Kansas City, so they could show the football world that the disrespect needs to stop here and now. I think they not only want to win they want to humiliate the KC Chiefs like they did the Bills.

Could it be that the Chiefs may disadvantaged in a sense by having a pissed bunch of Cats coming in to "Burrowhead" wanting , and expecting, to destroy them in front of their fans? The Chiefs, on the other hand, have the added pressure of having to perform well in front of their home fans or leave them disappointed again and having to watch the Bengals raise the trophy in their home stadium, just like last season.

I don't think the Bengals will be phased by the crowd, the cold, or the venue. Why ? Because I think it is exactly what they want. It gives them the opportunity to prove to the doubting media, league owners , Goodell, and anyone else who has failed to respect their talent and intestinal fortitude, that they are, without question, the LEGITIMATE AFC champions.

I think playing in Kansas City may have the Bengals playing with even more of an edge and attitude than if they were playing at home. I don't think there will be any letting up in Arrowhead. Burrow , Zac , Mixon, Hurst, and those big uglies are some bad, bad men . They want to come into Mahome Boy's house and leave with the hardware. I think these Cinci guys have huge boners about going into KC and making grown men, women, and children cry.

Taking everything into consideration do you think Arrowhead is going to be all that much of a home field advantage for the Chiefs this time around? While trying to screw over the Bengals, the NFL may have played right into the hands of this angry and vengeful bunch of Tigers.

What do you folks think?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Home Field (Dis)Advantage ??? - Science Friction - 01-25-2023, 12:54 AM
RE: Home Field (Dis)Advantage ??? - Sled21 - 01-25-2023, 09:22 AM
RE: Home Field (Dis)Advantage ??? - Nepa - 01-25-2023, 01:04 PM
RE: Home Field (Dis)Advantage ??? - Sled21 - 01-25-2023, 09:36 AM
RE: Home Field (Dis)Advantage ??? - Sled21 - 01-26-2023, 10:28 AM
RE: Home Field (Dis)Advantage ??? - Sled21 - 01-26-2023, 10:27 AM