Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The one thing I resent about Joey B
(01-26-2023, 10:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There's rebuilding, and then there's going 4-17 without Burrow. If he had gone even 8-13 without Burrow he'd probably get more credit.

Lets put it in these terms. Zac Taylor's winning % without Burrow is worse than Hue Jackson's winning % as a HC. That's not me burying Zac, but just pointing out the reality that when that's the case, you aren't giving a ton of reason to believe otherwise.

I think looking at the record without any context is very misleading. I personally think we outright tanked. Baseball teams started that trend, then it moved to the NBA, now NFL teams are doing it.

They are never going to admit it for obvious reasons, but it seems pretty clear to me. Before anyone says it, I don't think the players and coaches try to lose. I just think they go into seasons with a bad roster knowing full well they won't win many games.

Benching Dalton that one year certainly wasn't a winning move, either.

(01-27-2023, 04:57 AM)wanga Wrote: Nah nothing about Joey B I can resent.

Please don't get hung up on that word. I just didn't really know how to title this. It was a pretty complex statement I was trying to make. It was impossible to sum it up in a short title.

A more accurate title would be "what I resent about the fan base when one player becomes amazing". Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The one thing I resent about Joey B - Shake n Blake - 01-27-2023, 08:22 PM