Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is aggressive playcalling vs KC the new default
(01-28-2023, 04:38 AM)Roland Wrote: Depends on the scenario.   The 4th and 1 sweep that Dunlap blew up could have easily cost us the game earlier this year.

I know the thinking.  "We need to score touchdowns."  But in that circumstance a better play would have been to kick the field goal and push the lead to seven points before half since the Chiefs were getting the ball.  You want to deny that halftime double-dip.

Speaking of which, the Chiefs deferred during the last game to try to get that double score.  But I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs win the toss on Sunday if they take the ball.  They've seen how the Bengals like to take it and get momentum from the jump.  The Bills were down two scores before they knew what hit them.

The Chiefs will want to prevent that and it will have the side benefit of getting Mahomes warmed up right away.  The last thing they want is Mahomes starting the game on the sideline waiting through a seven minute scoring drive.

To counter this we'll want to execute that double dip.  Joe has been great at scoring at the end of the half and hopefully we'll see that.

I thought possibly the same but with that crowd expected to be in the 140+ decibel level I'm sure they expect they can stop the Bengals on the first drive and grab early momentum.  But if they don't lookout.  Go up early and hope maybe some of those "we can't beat these guys" thoughts start creeping in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is aggressive playcalling vs KC the new default - Daddy-O - 01-28-2023, 11:05 AM