Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals head to London in 2016
(11-27-2015, 07:00 AM)Ned Ludd Wrote: A bit of (hopefully useful) information on London, based on previously Wembley games and visiting the place pretty frequently.

As suggested above, public transport is the best way to get around. Given Wembley's location, the train is the easiest way to get there (I'd recommend the Underground as it's reasonably cheap and the connections mean travel from anywhere in London is easy enough).

One tip in terms of hotels is that, assuming you're travelling on the Underground, the vast majority of stations are north of the River Thames so it's easier to get around if you base yourself there. I stayed in central London for the Jags/Bills game and it took around 30 minutes to get out to Wembley.

In terms of the fan experience, I suspect it'll feel a little tame compared to the US (and certainly different). There are two organised events for the London games, a 'Fan Rally' in central London on the Saturday afternoon and the 'Fan Plaza' on the Sunday pre-game. They're broadly similar in many ways. Video of the two is below.

Fan Rally

Fan Plaza

Thanks for the info. Looks like Wembley is fairly close to Heathrow Airport. Also looks like Fulham or QPR are the closet League Soccer teams. Very early in the process; can't even reserve a flight for another 2 weeks. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Bengals head to London in 2016 - bfine32 - 11-27-2015, 07:22 PM