Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What Others Are Saying About Last Night's Fiasco
Some of these people are folks who I have had lengthy intellectual discussions with about sports, history, politics, and religion. Some are Reds and Bengal fans, but others are just neutral and sports fans, in general. Thought it would be interesting to get thoughts from folks other than from this forum. I'll post a few interesting ones that I come across.

" 'Finger on the scale' does not mean the refs decided the game. It means their calls favored one team over another. That clearly happened in this game, throughout the entire game, but especially at the end.

I don’t know how you can watch that series at the end when the refs gave the Chiefs multiple chances at a third down and think the refs did their job. That was a blatant unfair officiating that I have ever seen.

You mentioned “some non-calls.” That is usually at the heart of the “finger on the scale.” Not calling clear penalties in crucial spots is an easy way to influence, though not decide, a game. No one notices until maybe after the game, so it gets glossed over and forgotten.

Many things decided tonight’s game, but I can’t believe an objective observer could watch this game and not think that something was off, that the refs were favoring the Chiefs over the Bengals. As I pointed out in another thread, this was trending on Twitter after the game, and most of the posts were not from Bengal fans.

From a different poster:

"People need to accept that with anything in life... Anything at all... that involves an insane amount of money, and especially when it also involves gambling... It's going to be "influenced", if not rigged entirely.

And it's not going to be influenced in your favor. These are clubs that we are not members of, lol

It was an entertaining season. Like a night at the ole blackjack table. Lots of fun and just kind of fell apart at the end there. How unique."
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What Others Are Saying About Last Night's Fiasco - Science Friction - 01-30-2023, 04:03 PM