Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What Others Are Saying About Last Night's Fiasco
(01-30-2023, 05:18 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Funny to me how ,otherwise, smart ,logical people can believe 100% there is a bearded, old guy out in space somewhere(with ZERO evidence)  that's eagerly waiting to welcome them to a heavenly paradise, but refuse to consider even the possibility that NFL officials , at the bequest of league execs sometime influence game outcomes. Incredible. Seriously, which is far more likely to be true?

My conception of God doesn’t amount to a “bearded man in space (or the sky)”. Belittling others belief’s doesn’t serve you very well, and  ultimately only serves to immediately close their minds to your POV regarding officiating or other topics. It’s as if you’re not trying so much to state your case as to insult and deride. You seem to think anyone who disagrees with you, or has different views, is automatically inferior. That’s extremely immature, and should be beneath you, if in fact you were as intelligent as you see yourself.

As to the officials, it did seem to be weighed towards the Chiefs. The call on Apple was particularly awful. The second I saw the flag I yelked out that was perfect coverage. Even grandson (Chiefs fan) agreed. When the replay was shown, I exclaimed “ That was bull****!”. All the Chiefs fans shut up and looked straight ahead. It was pretty funny. There was a horsecollar noncall on a Mahomes tackle (all of the nearby Bengals fans agreed). The third down fiasco was bizarre. The last series featured a couple of non calls , but we were still, after all of that, primed to go to overtime were it not for a boneheaded play.

I have a different take on why officiating may be one sided at times. Officials are human. Many that I’ve seen interviewed are fans. Maybe when Apple won’t STFU, Burrowhead gets out before the game is even played, and the damn Mayor does what he does, maybe these things rub the officials the wrong way, and lead, even unconsciously, to a slanted game.

I’m going to start paying attention to pre game “festivities” and see if there is a correlation in some instances, related to poor pregame sportsmanship.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Others Are Saying About Last Night's Fiasco - SladeX - 01-31-2023, 12:36 PM