Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped"
In an article titled, "NFL coach says Patrick Mahomes 'flopped' on late hit that set up game-winning field goal," the author states that "an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards."

I think most of here acknowledge the call was the correct one. In fact, the second that Ossai hit Mahomes, I slammed my fist on the table and exclaimed to one of my sons, "Stupid, stupid play. That will be 15 yards."

Nonetheless, the author identified the problem of a billion-dollar league relying on part-time officials for major games.

"However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well."

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

Of course, this is not just a problem with the NFL. I was listening to NY Sports Radio today mention how the NBA referee who didn't call the foul on LeBron James referred 20 Celtics games and the Celtics won 18 of those. It turns out his family are huge Celtics fans and unabashedly so. Take part-time officials and put them in Arrowhead with the decibel-breaking crowd screaming about every decision, and of course there is pressure on making calls against the Chiefs, such as the push in the back on the punt return. And who knows their own biases.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-coach-says-patrick-mahomes-flopped-late-hit-set-up-game-winning-field-goal
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - Nepa - 01-31-2023, 08:07 PM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - J24 - 01-31-2023, 10:30 PM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - J24 - 02-01-2023, 08:00 PM
RE: NFL Coach says Mahomes "flopped" - CJD - 02-01-2023, 09:55 AM