Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(02-09-2023, 09:42 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Exactly, ROT is the # 1 priority!  I like Darnell Wright and a guy we could get in the later rounds is Richard Gourgie out of Florida.  Wright, and Gourgie all had good games coming out of the Senior Bowl.  I noticed Mauch playing Center in the 1st half and ROT in the 3rd, he did well at both but he has arms that are 2 inches short of being an OT. I must have missed him playing OG. 

Some people think Jonah is the answer to the Right Tackle, and we will not use him as a backup paying $13-million, so we need to go after a TE.  That's irrelevant in my book b/c Jonah only has one more year on his contract.  Also, Pratt and Wilson will determine if we need to get an LB in 2 or 3.  I think Bell will stay put.  If we can get a quality CB in rounds 2, 3, 4 I say take them.  Also, we do have Allan George and Marvel Tell to develop. 

Our fans don't realize that it takes a very special player to excel at both sides when playing OT.  Jonah has been at LT for so long his muscle memory is set, asking him to change his plant foot will really make him look bad with speed rushers.

Jonah will start at LT this season and we go from there....

Pratt will have to take less money to stay here, not expecting him to do so.

I prefer an OT or CB in the 1st.  I could see them liking Washington or Mayer.

Several positions should have solid players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Crazy surprises early in the draft I would be ok with:
Drew Sanders, LB. He and Logan would be incredible.
Boutte or Addison - dynamic WRs.
Gibbs or Achane - HR potential RBs
Mims or Scott (UC) - Crazy quick slots, both return men on special teams and lessens the blow of losing Boyd the next season.

If we would cut Mixon.... Roschon Johnson, played behind Bijan at Texas so he may drop a little, but is a very good back: 6'2, 225, 4.39.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - casear2727 - 02-09-2023, 09:57 PM