Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeMaurice Smith wants to do away with NFL Combine
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/executive-director-nflpa-calls-end-scouting-combine-2023-02-09/

Quote:"We're now in an era where we know exactly how fast these guys can run, how much they can lift, how far they can jump, do all of those things. Why do we insist on them showing up in Indianapolis?" Smith told reporters in Phoenix, ahead of Super Bowl 57.

"It's for the teams to be able to engage in intrusive employment actions that don't exist anywhere else."

I actually disagree with part of Smith's comment.
He says we know exactly how fast these guys can run, lift, jump, etc.
But there's an asterisk with that.
The nice thing about the Combine is it's a neutral field that everyone is performing on.
And timing is lasered, not hand-timed.

I actually think Pro Days are a waste, personally.
They favor the player too much.
Field/track the player is used to, QBs/receivers the player is used to playing with.
Speed is based on the individual with the stopwatch, which is going to be slightly different for every person.

The Combine, to me, is a better comparison between players of different schools because it removes some variables.

If they want to remove the Q&A portion of the Combine and just have the drills, I'd be ok with that.
But I like most of the prospects performing on the same field and drills with players they don't know.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
DeMaurice Smith wants to do away with NFL Combine - ochocincos - 02-09-2023, 06:35 PM