Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Don't Have Money Like Yankees, Never Will Have
First and foremost I am NO FAN of current Reds ownership nor was I a fan of Marge not the bunch before this one, but... Reds fans have to see the forest through the trees too. Castillini could and should learn to keep his yap shut, but he was right in that the Reds can't compete with the big bucks teams like the Yankees and others, BUT with good management of the farm system the Reds can play money ball to an extent. They won't be able to sign multiple players to huge, long term deals, but they could have a steady stream of great young players in the minor leagues to groom for the bigs, play them a year or so and bring up the next bunch. Will they? Probably not.. Phil seems to like to keep trading anyone with talent away for the next big thing whatever that means.. I do kind of like where the farm system is headed, but they have to make it to the bigs and really produce before heading off to the green fields of NY, LA and others.. They ain't gonna become gazillinaire players with a .202 batting average or a .909 ERA. They have to prove themselves in Cincinnati..  Have a few great seasons in Cincinnati THEN go sign for a gazillion elsewhere and flop on your face in the dirt.. After you leave for the big payout nobody in town will remember your name.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Don't Have Money Like Yankees, Never Will Have - grampahol - 02-23-2023, 01:32 PM