Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now, ANOTHER reporter predicts Bengals to sign Bates
Many dismissed the notion, due to the source of the prediction, when I posted about it a short while back. Now, Field Yates has chimed in with a prediction of Bates being re-signed by the Bengals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/major-analyst-predicts-bengals-re-sign-jessie-bates-iii/ar-AA17vT1Y?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=49c3600a818f46e98edf4f907f4dde4c

Quote: Most people thought Jessie Bates III was as good as gone from Cincinnati once the Bengals couldn't agree with the safety on a contract extension.

Bates is now a free agent after playing on the franchise tag, but ESPN's Field Yates believes the Bengals will bring the safety back on a new deal.

"Yes," Yates said about Cincinnati re-signing Bates. "The Bengals are about to enter "good problem to have" territory, as the bill comes due as soon as this offseason with extensions for Burrow and Higgins. Ja'Marr Chase is extension-eligible in 2024, and planning has to start now. But Bates has made far too many plays during his tenure for the Bengals to let him go, including five picks over the past three seasons. It'll cost a deal near the top of the market for safeties to keep him, though."

Bates just posted a career-high 4 interceptions this season (11th leaguewide), along with 8 pass breakups.

It's hard to picture the safety returning, given the Bengals' financial needs elsewhere, but crazier things have happened.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Now, ANOTHER reporter predicts Bengals to sign Bates - SunsetBengal - 02-15-2023, 01:05 PM