Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Combine & FA PFF Simulation
To begin I will outline my FA and extension plan and I will note that I believe it is totally achievable:

Priorities I would have in returning FAs:
1) Vonn Bell
2) Hayden Hurst
3) Tre Flowers
4) Cal Adomitis
5) Mitchell Wilcox
6) Samaje Perine
7) Trent Taylor
8) Max Scharping

Extensions to secure:
1) Joe Burrow
2) Tee Higgins

You will note that a key free agent is missing and that is Germaine Pratt. Unfortunately, not every player will return to a team every season and I believe that his salary demands will be beyond what this team will be able to meet given upcoming extensions. With this said I feel the team is in good shape with Logan Wilson running the defense and the growth of Davis-Gaither, Bailey, and Bachie.

While I would like to see Bates back I believe that the combination of salary demand and how promising Hill looked at S in the preseason do not make this a great value for the franchise.

Onto the draft...this was run off of the PFF simulator with no trades:

Round 1 - 28th Overall Selection:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBe0rAargoiKeXXFCtI-m...Q&usqp=CAU]

Anton Harrison - OT - Oklahoma - 6'5" 315

I feel like this is the best case scenario for the Bengals. If Harrison is sitting there he is my selection hands down and that is even if Broderick Jones is there as well. Watching film on this kid continued to support these feelings. He is a monster in the passing game and when he puts his hands on a defender they stop...period. His ability to mirror I feel is the best of the OTs in this class and that includes my Ohio State guy Parris Johnson. Harrison is not a devastating run blocker but he is not a liability either. Jonah was the weak link in '22 and unfortunately I felt Collins was right behind him. This selection gives the Bengals the chance to solidify the LT position for many years and to allow guys such as Carman to vie for the RT position.
(notables available: M. Mayer, T. McKee, N. Smith, W. McDonald, L. Musgrave)

Round 2 - 60th Overall Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbMk_xIeMpVUazEqcV1g8...Q&usqp=CAU]

Eli Ricks - CB - Bama - 6'2" 190

Length, speed, height...you can check virtually every box for a shutdown NFL corner. With that said, Ricks did give up his share of big plays at the collegiate level. However, he as well played on the edge of being elite as well. Playing at LSU and Bama certainly has introduced this kid to the big stage and there is just so much to work with when you look at the abilities and talent level of this kid. I believe in his firs season he easily takes the position of Apple.
(notables available: K. Boutte, S. Brown, Z. Charbonette, J. Tippman)

Round 3 - 92nd Overall Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcVvYiDmZHCwBEStVURoL...Q&usqp=CAU]

Jaquelin Roy - DT - LSU - 6'4" 315

Roy will be a very welcome addition to this rotation at DT. Roy should help to take snaps from Reader which will keep him healthier and fresher. Roy has a thicker lower body which allows him to take leverage advantage and to anchor to hold his space. While he may not be a great pass rusher he has shown the ability to disrupt and certainly is an effort player on the interior. Continuing to strengthen both lines I feel are keys to maintaining the success of this franchise and Roy fits this bill.
(notables available: C. Mauch, B. Young (Tenn.), N. Sewell, T. Kraft)

Round 4 - 131st Overall Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeHEa27TAnP82zkl5g0nk...g&usqp=CAU]

Andrei Iosivas - WR - Princeton - 6'3" 205

This was my first move away from big time school players but to be honest I was shocked this kid was still sitting there. We know who are big three are and we as well know it could be difficult keeping them all in Cincinnati. Chase and Higgins are the top two priorities even while we would all like to see Boyd stay as well. Even if Boyd does stay there is room to improve beyond these three and this kid gives the franchise that opportunity. He is a world class athlete all around and an extremely smooth WR. Coming from Princeton one will have a hard time questioning his intelligence. Make no mistake this is a selection of potential and there are areas for improvement in his game but also no real reason to believe that these expectations will not be met.
(notables available: B. Young (Bama DT), J. Martin, A. Vorhees, J. Clark)

Round 5 - 165th Overall Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRANVKOUVSOr_SjAatBSrZ...Q&usqp=CAU]

Josh Whyle - TE - UC - 6'6" 260

We do need to add to the TE room and it is done with this selection where the franchise adds the local high school and collegiate product. Whyle has added some decent bulk and strength to his frame while at UC and has worked hard to develop and improve his technique as a blocker. This maturation in this aspect of his game should continue to grow with pro coaching. Outside of being a good blocker he is a legit threat when it comes to exploiting the seams of a defense. Whyle has shown very good hands and attacks the ball when targeted. Should be a great addition to the TE room and the chance to be a future star in this offense.

Round 6 - 206th Overall Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb2V0iv1sOJHkEk5zY-yy...Q&usqp=CAU]

Warren McClendon - OT - 6'4" 305

McClendon was the bookend OT with Broderick Jones. McClendon has shown many positives over his career playing RT at Georgia and he has as well shown areas that he needs to improve and refine and to start with that means improving his technique in attacking speed rushers. Warren is a solidly built player at OT and has shown good functional strength for the position. Experts tend to agree that many of his deficiencies can be improved thru the correction of his movement and techniques. Gives this line an experienced player from a big time program that could as well provide the potential to kick inside.

Round 7 - 248th Overall Selection

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsyQFnshxdGldq-iwim0m...A&usqp=CAU]

Nic Jones - CB - Ball State - 6'0" 190

Jones does not have elite skills in any one area nor is he greatly deficient in any one area. Jones checks many boxes for the CB position at the NFL level and has things you cannot coach which are height and length. Jones has shown good ball skills, good football IQ, is a solid tackler, and active against the run. Could be a kid that could be developed on the practice squad or that could steal a special teams spot and backup CB spot in the best case.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pre-Combine & FA PFF Simulation - OSUfan - 02-17-2023, 01:47 PM