Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabinets and shelves
Man! I've been staying busy of late. I took on a working partner and we're picking up customers over in gazillionaire acres in million dollar houses. Most of the houses are just a year or so old so they're wanting plenty of additions and customized closets and pantries.. We're about to rip out and replace a 15 foot pantry the customer already paid some chain closet and pantry company over $32000 to put in and everything we build is customized and built to last a long time. The junk we're ripping out was cheap MDF, knock together junk and we're putting in custom drawers and shelving they can pile tons of canned goods on top of..
The shelves are all free floating shelves with their own inner structure to make them strong enough for most anything they want to put in.. In addition a full 10x10 closet with 32 custom drawers and shelves all the way up the 12 foot ceiling.. We're having a hard time just keeping plywood in stock now..We have an account with the biggest cabinet supply house in the states so the plywood the public would pay over $80 per sheet we buy for about $52 per. .We just priced premade drawers @ over $100 each. We're paying $52 for material that makes 8 36" drawers with scrap left over and charging under $75 per and making out ok.. 
Just getting started..We hope to build a new shop by the end of the year and a delivery truck wouldn't be out of the question..
My only problem is I'm getting kind of old and I can barely pick up a sheet of plywood anymore..I'm strongly thinking about getting my grandson down here and teach him the business.. My shop is getting smaller and smaller with every piece of scrap wood I hang onto..lol
I started out with a cheap ass ryobi table saw just a few years ago and now I'm pretty much setup to build cabinets for million dollar homes..
Life is good!  My legs are not.. OH well..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Cabinets and shelves - grampahol - 02-20-2023, 06:12 AM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - reuben.ahmed - 02-20-2023, 07:22 PM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - grampahol - 02-22-2023, 02:27 PM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - samhain - 03-12-2023, 10:02 PM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - reuben.ahmed - 03-13-2023, 10:29 AM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - grampahol - 03-17-2023, 09:37 AM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - reuben.ahmed - 02-25-2023, 08:36 AM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - grampahol - 03-09-2023, 10:40 AM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - grampahol - 03-17-2023, 09:32 AM