Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think the Bengals WILL DO this offseason?
(03-04-2023, 07:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This is based on what I think they might do, at least from what they've said and based what cap will be available, and what money saving moves they can realistically be able to do.

Using the cap calculator, and accounting for extensions for Joe and Tee (I think they are both done by August)...as well as cap for draft/PS, this is what I came up with:

I have them freeing up money by cutting Mixon and doing a simple restructure on Trey. I think they hang onto Collins and wait to see where he is in training camp / preseason.

I have them re-signing:

QB Brandon Allen     1 yr- 1.25m 
RB Samaje Perine     2 yr - 5.75m   
SS Vonn Bell            3 yr- 22.5m   
TE- Hayden Hurst     2 yr- 12m   
CB- Tre Flowers        1 yr- 2.1m
CB- Jalen Davis        1 yr- 1.35m 
TE- Mitchell Wilcox           min
LB- Joe Bachie                 min
RB- Trayveon Williams      min
WR- Trent Taylor              min

And adding in free agency:

RT- Jermaine Eluemunor     2 yr- 8m   
ST- Cameron Fleming          1 yr- 2m
G- Will Hernandez               1 yr- 2.5m
CB- Jonathan Jones            2 yr- 11.75m  
DL- Morgan Fox                  2 yr- 9m    
DL- Justin Houston              1 yr- 3m

They address the o-line by getting a potential starter at RT in Elemunor (who can also play both G spots), a veteran swing tackle in Fleming and interior depth in Hernandez. If Carman can win RT, then Eluemunor becomes a top notch versatile backup. The line would be:

LT   Williams
LG   Volson
C     Karras
RG   Cappa
RT   Eluemunor / Carman

ST       Fleming 
ST/G    Carman / Eluemunor
G         Hernandez
C         Hill / Brown / Rookie

On defense, Fox and Houston add pash rush from the interior and edge. Jones is a quality, versatile vet who can play outside, in the slot and even safety in a pinch. These  guys give Lou 3 more proven pieces to utilize.

I would be really happy with this honestly Holic. Cannot believe Will Hernandez has been this bad as a pro that he could be that 
cheap after the talk that one year leading up to the Draft, crazy. Eluemunor or George Fant sound very likely for us at RT and 
shouldn't break the bank so we can keep most of our own. Jonathan Jones would help if Apple left and is probably an upgrade
even, but you know how I feel, I think Apple will be back. He is our kind of A-Hole lol

Also would love to add Fox the DT and Justin Houston who should be ring chasing late in their careers.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think the Bengals WILL DO this offseason? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-04-2023, 08:48 PM