Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The death of P&R and what it says about where we are.
(03-05-2023, 08:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Trump and Covid ruined it. Anything not about Trump was deemed irrelevant. Then people kept yelling about authoritarianism while ignoring what was going on during Covid. Even cheering it.  The most authoritarian time in my life. But there was a good reason for this authoritarianism in their opinion so it was ok. It was science. Which of course it wasn’t. The definition of science was redefined so people could justify the authoritarianism they pretend to hate. They don’t hate it. They hate it when it doesn’t support their views. That was enough for me. If an interesting topic comes up that doesn’t involve straight political ideology or maybe a religious topic I’ll jump in. Otherwise no thanks.

The authoritarianism through Covid (and my country seriously attemted a general vaccine mandate, so I don't think the term takes it too far) happened in the face of a pandemic and was meant as (and turned out to be) a bunch of temporary measures in times of crisis. Supported by majorities of rightfully elected officials, not so much a coup attempt against democracy. Harsh critizism is legitimate. It's not meant as an excuse when I claim that the authoritarianism displayed by Trump and friends was and is something very different.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The death of P&R and what it says about where we are. - hollodero - 03-05-2023, 09:07 PM