Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The death of P&R and what it says about where we are.
(03-06-2023, 07:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If you don't like either guy I'd suggest voting for Biden since he will be out of the white house by 2028.  If we let Trump back in, I'm pretty sure he'll spend all 4 years coming up with ways to ensure he is in the position for the rest of his life and possibly able to handpick his successor.  I've been known to joke, but I'm convinced if we go crawling back to him he's going to find a way to lock things down for good.

I don't particularly disagree with you, other than he wouldn't find a way to lock things down for good. Our system has a lot of flaws, but it's pretty great at ensuring power transfer. I would consider holding my nose and voting for Biden if he were about 6 years younger. I already don't like voting for people I don't like, but I honestly don't love Biden's odds of making it through term 2 alive (86 isn't a great bet). If he dies Kamala Harris takes over the remainder of the term and also gets incumbent status for 2028. 

So I will probably just "throw away" my vote on 3rd party again, assuming we haven't been mutually reduced to radioactive ashes with Russia before this election ever comes about, rendering all this talk pointless. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The death of P&R and what it says about where we are. - TheLeonardLeap - 03-06-2023, 08:34 PM