Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The death of P&R and what it says about where we are.
(03-08-2023, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I still don't see how people can say Trump is a good businessman when he had the chance to declare covid a Chinese attack and sell MAGA masks in boxes of 100 to 75 million Americans.  The guy had the chance to legally mandate and patriotically compel people to buy stuff from him.

I think he was hoping it'd go away. He felt that if he gave it much "air time" that people would become more frantic. I believe that actually hurt him. As I was campaigning for State Rep in 2020, folks (especially seniors) felt abandoned on the matter and left hanging in the wind. I watched campaign signs in Perry County (quite the conservative rural county) go from 85% Trump to around 65-70% (all eyeball estimates) in the matter of the last 2 months leading up to the election. As far as taking advantage of the situation, he would have had to outsource outside of the country and those factories were bombarded. I believe there were only 1 substantial and 1 minor mask making companies left in the US. That is why some silicon valley techs formed the company Aegle to manufacture masks in Texas. 

Meh.... one good thing coming from Covid.... Ohio will become the top semiconductor producer in the world.
Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The death of P&R and what it says about where we are. - Rotobeast - 03-09-2023, 06:17 AM