Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The death of P&R and what it says about where we are.
(03-09-2023, 06:17 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I think he was hoping it'd go away. He felt that if he gave it much "air time" that people would become more frantic. I believe that actually hurt him. As I was campaigning for State Rep in 2020, folks (especially seniors) felt abandoned on the matter and left hanging in the wind. I watched campaign signs in Perry County (quite the conservative rural county) go from 85% Trump to around 65-70% (all eyeball estimates) in the matter of the last 2 months leading up to the election. As far as taking advantage of the situation, he would have had to outsource outside of the country and those factories were bombarded. I believe there were only 1 substantial and 1 minor mask making companies left in the US. That is why some silicon valley techs formed the company Aegle to manufacture masks in Texas. 

Meh.... one good thing coming from Covid.... Ohio will become the top semiconductor producer in the world.
Rock On

That's my thought too.  He's not a hard worker and his image is everything.  Any sign of fear or failure would make him look weak, in his own mind.  So he just treated it like he does anything he doesn't like.  He made light of it and hoped it would go away.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The death of P&R and what it says about where we are. - GMDino - 03-10-2023, 10:00 AM