Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The death of P&R and what it says about where we are.
(03-04-2023, 10:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's all been said at this point, I guess.  Biden is old and unpopular, Trump is old and unpopular and is going to run for a 3rd time in a row and if he loses he's probably going to run in 2028, too.

After the mid-terms was when it seems like this place fizzled out, possibly due to our conservative-leaning members tapping out a bit after a 3rd disappointing election cycle in a row.  We're left with left-leaning posters who are pessimistic about the democrats and fatalistic about the republicans.

Every day Biden is old and mostly uninspiring.  Every day Trump lies about something insane or proposes something nuts.  Every day DeSantis turns Florida into a bizarre authoritarian paradise.  Every day there is a mass shooting no one even bothers to point out anymore. It's all various shades of crap, and most people don't want to deal with crap unless they're being paid for it.  Truthfully, the fact that I posted so much about politics on a football message board is probably going to rank pretty high on my deathbed regrets list.

So it goes.

Exactly.

It's not that everyone that voted for Biden were huge fans of him.
Many (like myself) preferred a different Democratic candidate.
Trump caused further division. There's no doubt about it. He's always had the mentality of, "If you're not with me, you're against me." He never acted like he wanted to compromise to help shrink the division.
Trump's rhetoric and stances were so polarizing that many were willing to support Biden over Trump simply for the fact they disliked Trump so much.
And people knew that if they voted for a 3rd party candidate or didn't vote at all, it could have resulted in Trump serving a 2nd term, which many did not want.

You're still going to get people who are "Anyone But Trump" voting for whichever Democratic candidate gets the nomination as long as Trump is the GOP nominee.
And you'll probably get some people who (now) feel Biden isn't fit for President to vote for whoever is the GOP candidate.

So if you really want to see more unity/compromise, both of these guys probably need to not be a Presidential nominee moving forward.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The death of P&R and what it says about where we are. - ochocincos - 03-18-2023, 04:21 PM