Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-16-2023, 01:45 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If there is a split decision on a player, then why can't Mike be the tie breaker still? That makes sense to me, if they can't agree then Mike listens to both sides and makes his choice. His fracking team.

To the second part? Why can't it be both? 
Zac wants a certain type of player and they Tobin drafts what he's looking for and goes after FA's as well, Katie does is more on the back end, contract negotiations, maintaining the Salary cap and so on. Katie lets the Coach/GM do their thing and she does hers and the end result is everyone appears much more in sync now than it was during MB's days of running the franchise. And now that we are winning as well, the culture has really shifted to being a place where players want to come to vs getting that last contract before riding off into the sunset.

That is the point. If Tobin needs a TE, he signs a TE. He doesn’t try to convert a DE who has never played the position.

Zac isn’t responsible for a total and complete change in the Bengals’ approach to free agency spending.

Zac isn’t responsible for finally cashing in on stadium naming rights.

Zac is t responsible for the Bengals’ investing their own money in improving the fan experience instead of arguing with Hamilton County.

Zac isn’t responsible for the complete change in embracing social media platforms.

Zac isn’t responsible for the Bengals’ building a dedicated indoor practice facility.

Despite claims to the contrary, they have been more active in draft picks and player trades since 2019 compared to the previous 8 seasons.

Those are all things that happen at a pay grade above Zac Taylor. You know no first year coach without HCing experience is coming in and dictating to Mike Brown how Mike Brown spends Mike Brown’s money. Those are all things that Mike Brown refused to do for decades. Those are all things that have changed since 2019 despite Mike Brown. Not because of Mike Brown. So if someone tells me their inside sources indicate Mike Brown is still the GM of this team they obviously haven’t been paying attention and are full of BS. Because all evidence indicates the contrary.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-16-2023, 03:40 AM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM